Am I? I don’t know (confused), Are you?
“Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people that they don’t like.”-Will Rogers
Hello Riters, Welcome to riteFinance, this is your host Ritesh and today lets discuss about-
Five Dumb ways to spend your Money
- Gambling, Believe it or not an average American spend $1000 a year on Lottery, with a odd of winning 1 in 14 millions, i.e. you are 20 times more likely to be struck by a lightening (thunder roars in far), and even if you win the Lottery you are more likely to be broke the next year than to be wealthy. Gambling in any form is a total waste of money, with slot machines and equipment designed in favor of Casinos to drill a hole in your Pocket! Here is link to an interesting read on Psychology behind Casino
- Things you buy to impress them! Yes, that Gucci Scarf or the blue Jaguar, all the liabilities you take just to impress the girl or guy next door can drill a deep hole in your pocket and all your future cash flow may flow down that banking stream. So think before next time you go on a Shopping spree, ask yourself can I really afford it?, will this serve a purpose?, is there a way I can be happy without it? Do I really need it or its just a show-off? (squirm face)
- Things you buy to destroy health, yinkeesss, what did I say?, yes you heard it right, things like drugs, excessive junk snacks to munch on, or too much alcohol. This things not just have a recurring cost due to their addiction capability but also a cost far beyond your imagination, a cost that no money can pay for.
- Fees that Bank Charges: Overdraft charge, Bank Account Maintenance charges, your Card fees or that interest they charge you on Credit Card, even the money that’s deducted when you used your xyz card on abc ATM! To top it all, Bank also has a unique advantage of deducting cash directly from your account. So next time you may like to read your bank statement more carefully or maybe make a call & ask your banker. To know more on how to avoid some of these fees, check out the article here by lendup.com.
- In-App Purchases; yes, the skin you bought just to show-off in the virtual world or the extra life in your favorite game, even if it is in 50% discount (which is obviously a fake number to put on), may not be worth your Money (and your time). In most cases put away your phone for few minutes or watch an Ad and you will get an auto renewal of life totally free of cost. Also, the more you spend, the more likely it becomes for you to spend again, so it not only have a present but also the future cost attached to it.
Thank you for reading, let us know in comments below if you don’t do any of the above mentioned Dumb Expenses, or if you have one of yours own. Follow for more, #KeepLearning #Money